Mix Tape 17 Player


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rocket Summer -Break It Out







I've been a Rocket Summer fan for a good while now, but I was blown away when I finally got my hands on a copy of his latest album. I say his, and not their because he recorded every instrument on the entire record. Well at least guitars, bass, percussion, synth, organ, wurutzer and harmonica.

I'm not sure if you read that correctly. Bryce Avary or the guy from Rocket Summer, recorded himself on practically every instrument you hear on the entire record. That's seriously so intense. I try to play one or two instruments on a mediocre level, and he can play play 7 with recording quality. I listened to The Rocket Summer's newest album Do You Feel for the past 4-5 days straight. No NPR (National Public Radio, I know I'm a dweeb), No other cds, radio or MP3s. Just this record.

This song, is the first song on the album. And it starts off with a bang. This is the obvious first single of the record because of its radio friendly-ness and the amount of energy associated with this song. If you don't tap your foot or jump a little bit on the inside, then....LOOSEN UP. I know this isn't super indie, but its quality.

If you listen to the Rocket Summer's previous albums you will find not only a very young and small boy, but a very delicate voice. He's always had catchy songs, but if anything the voice was kind of iffy. Well the years of singing have solved that problem and his highs and lows are stronger than before.

I've added a couple of songs to the mixtape player above, so feel free to check out these three songs off his new album.

1) Break It Out
2) Do you Feel
3) All I have

Also check out the Do You Feel Video to the left. Later Gator!

No comments: