Mix Tape 17 Player


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pop Levi - Dita Dimone

Example

Hey Everybody,

So after Janelle Monae and Jamie Lidell, I decided that I needed to post with a different vibe. Ad much as I dig that music, I can't leave other listeners hanging. So here is an eclectic track from Pop Levi.

He hails from Britain, and his sound is definitely unique yet still friendly enough to become a jam. He is a filmmaker and a kimono wearer. Kind of awkward, but I guess it comes with the territory.

example


Looking pretty sweet there eh?

He brings enough funk through his electonica sound, that it works. The bass/synth line and guitar riff is just enough to give it a nice funk element. The electronic sounding drums fit the song, even though I'm usually a strong advocate for the real set.

Pop Levi repeats most of lyrics multiple times, but it's okay because he keeps driving the song with his different elements. The hand clapping is also a nice change during the middle of the song.

Well there is probably only one Dita Dimone out there, and I'm pretty sure that she knows this song is specifically about her. I mean this song didn't shout out to a common girl named Jessica. She got her first and last name over and over during the chorus and verses. If I ever meet a girl named Dita, I'm going to be about 85% sure that this song was about her.

So I just facebooked Dita, expecting to find one Dita. And the world should know there are hundreds of Ditas. Didn't expect that. And what do you know I found Dita Dimone, and added her as a friend. Take that Pop Levi.

No comments: