Mix Tape 17 Player


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Friday, September 12, 2008

Jamie Lidell - Little Bit of Feel Good

example

Hey everybody,

In an earlier post I blogged about an artist named Janelle Monae.
When I looked her up I saw that she was performing with this guy,
except he was the headliner. I thought to myself okay, she's
really good so that makes the headliner have to just as good
right?

Well to be honest I was not disappointed. Jamie Lidell has the
same feel as Monae, good pop vibes but can still relate to the
good old school sounds. The guitar on this track really reminds
me of a James Brown hook.

This song also brings a lot of different sounds. If you listen
closely you can hear the 'Oooohhh' from the back up singers.
Again, sometimes its just the simple things that help bring a
full sound to the table. I imagine three back up singers in
the studio all surrounding one microphone hanging from
overhead..."Oooohhh."During the chorus the horn section comes
first circle and adds that extra dimension that you wouldn't
notice until it's there. And once you hear that, you wouldn't
want the chorus without that horn section.

example

Jamie Lidell and Janelle Monae are playing together at the
Avalon in Hollywood on September 29th, and if anyone is
interested in going please email me at gkutnick@gmail.com.

Hope you like this track.

Check out his
myspace page and his official website. His
video is streaming to the left of this post.

Cheers!

No comments: