Mix Tape 17 Player


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Janelle Monae - Sincerely Jane

Hey you guys sorry for the delay,

I feel like I've really hit the gold mine this past week in regards to finding music. With there being so much good music out there, when I usually here a song I like I'll buy that song, but not the whole album just because I can't afford to buy every album for every single artist I like. But this past week, I bought two whole albums just because I was blown away by the quality of music and the uniqueness of sound. My feeling is that these two artists will blow up in the near future.

One of these artists you need to hear is Janelle Monae. I can't even place her in a genre without using slash marks. Her sound is like R&B/Funk/Oldies with a twist of hip hop elements. This does make sense since her album was/is being produced by Big Boi from Outkast. Outkast still has one of the more unique sounds of an artist that truly blew up. The sound of the old school does come through with shining colors. Using a full orchestra for this track, the 'little things' really stand out. For example the bass line uses a tuba instead of a bass guitar. On the final hook of the chorus, the strings of the orchestra add a little kick in the pants only to be taken away at the start of the next verse. But that's okay, the tease makes you want more.

Diddy has been quoted saying that the signing of the artist will change the industry. That's pretty intense, but I definitely agree. She's got the label, the talent, and live presence to truly make a lot of noise. Just remember you heard it here first at the mixtape17 blog. And if you heard this before reading this blog, you're lying.

If you like the music, please spread the word about the artist and the blog.

Monae's 7 track EP is definitely worth buying. Check out these others songs.

Violet Stars Happy Hunting
Mr. President
Many Moons

Comment on this posting please.

No comments: