Mix Tape 17 Player


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Very Most - Good Fight Fighting



Hey you guys,


There wasn't a quality video for this song, so I would rather have you listen to it from their myspace. Check the song 'Good Fight Fighting' at myspace.com/theverymost. Listen to the song in a new tab, and then check out the post as well. Well in a perfect world, I would hope you do that.


More and more 'folky' indie seems to be coming out, and to me that is a good thing. I've been a big advocate of simple can definitely still mean quality. I love a full sound, but I think that a full sound can be accomplished so many different ways. The song features a male and female vocalist that bring two lovely dynamics to the table. Lead vocalist Jeremy Jensen brings us in with a soothing 'oooh' to set the tone early. I have to be honest, if a song doesn't captivate me within thirty seconds, I have a hard time getting through the song. But this soothing intro made me look forward to the rest of the song.


"I've got to learn when to stand up and fight the good fight, I got to learn how to balance respect and what's right" - Jeremy Jensen. Amen brother.


The sister of the lead singer, Rachel Jensen, takes over in the latter part of the song and takes the song to the next level in my opinion. The song would be great and catchy on its own, but the additional voice really brings a refreshing and unexpected sound. Again, the song probably would have made my mix cd regardless if Rachel was on this song, but what a bonus that is.


And when she sings there is some awesome whistling and xylophone (or something like it). I dig.


These guys are from Idaho. No, YOU DA HO. But seriously good music coming from Idaho.


-Geoff



No comments: