Mix Tape 17 Player


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Monday, August 4, 2008

The Lodger - Good Old Days

This is the second song of my 4th Wiki Mix, the second public mix. If you're wondering why it is a Wiki mix, it's because my mix cd making all started by sharing mixes with a friend of mine named wiki. So here's a toast to Wiki, with my apple juice.

So if you guys haven't heard of Paste Magazine, you should really check it out. Not only do they have pretty awesome reviews, but they also send a sampler cd out with every magazine. This song came off their sampler cd when they did a whole issue dedicated to music outside of the United States.

So these guys are The Lodger, and you can check out their video on the left side. Pretty sweet concept if I do say so myself. Simple yet still pleasing. And when someone hits jello on the drumbeat, I literally laughed out loud. Good times. A music video with jello truly makes the world go 'round.

So apparently there is another 'The Lodger' band, except they are hardcore and from Michigan. So if you're interested in the local Michigan hardcore scene be sure to check out the other Lodgers from my Dad's home state.

I think this song is perfect for jumping jacks. I know we haven't all done jumping jacks since 7th grade when we also did arm circles. Okay, what did arm circles actually do? Anyone? Bueller? But back to the post, this song is supreme for jumping jacks. Try it, I did, and it has a great pace. Not too fast, not to slow. Just right. Just like the baby bear's porridge...not to hot or too cold...just right.

This song is also amazingly catchy. Perhaps the most catchy tune on my mixes yet. That base line just makes your hips want to join a chorus line. Also I am a total fan of nerds making music, because sometimes its just the best. And these guys look like a great group of awesome music making nerds. Good Times.

Shake and Bake.

1 comment:

suzie said...

this song makes me happy =]