Mix Tape 17 Player


MusicPlaylistRingtones

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Chester French - Jimmy Choos


Chester French is apparently 'Pharrell's Favorite Band.' And I thought that was interesting. Because my major basically is publicity, I thought oh great, Pharrell labels a band his favorite, so the press can pick up on it. And then I look at Chester French's myspace, and of course it's loaded with articles featuring the band before they even have their first release out. GQ. Spin. Rolling Stone. Radar. All featured these guys before you could buy their album. So to be honest, not only would these guys have to be good, they would have to blow me away for me to even think about placing them on the mix. And then I gave them a listen.

I think the label might be pushing the track by Chester French called 'She Loves Everybody' and you really should check out all their other tracks, cuz they're unique. But this track called Jimmy Choo's really did it to me. It's basically old school sounds, revamped. The guitar is simple yet classic. The drum beat in the beginning takes you back to...'doing that you do...breaking my heart into a million pieces.' If you don't know what I'm talking about, rent That Thing You Do.

That would be funny if this blog post got more people to buy That Thing You Do more than check out this awesome band. And then I get a free copy of the movie. Then it would be funny and sweet.

There's a part in the song with a little musical time gap, and I'm not totally down with that, but the rest of the song lets me allow it and still go on.

Let me know what you think of this track. Check their myspace at myspace.com/chesterfrench

No comments: